NextGen - through its global activities and events - enables and facilitates better understanding of the environmental, social and economic components of sustainable development.
Interviews with many of our speakers and sponsors can be seen on NextGenTV
NG Events Ltd - in operation since 2008 - conceptualises and produces unique, high quality conferences, events, awards schemes, professional development training programmes through the NextGen Academy and study tours. NG Events Ltd is directed by Marit Hendriks.
Short-listed entries available as case study downloads - PDF - below
NextGen Challenge Awards are set to showcase the best in next generation digital access infrastructure innovation.
Designed to give companies the opportunity to highlight achievements in developing and deploying better broadband, the awards have proved popular and we are pleased to announce the shortlist:
Rural Leadership and Community Development Category
• Tegola wifi network entered by University of Edinburgh - PDF
• Rural Connect - Broadband Access to Communities entered by NYnet Ltd - PDF
• CPEND Community Broadband Project entered by CPEND Broadband - PDF
• Lothian Broadband entered by Lothian Broadband - PDF
• Community Development through videos entered by Knowle West Media Centre - PDF
Innovative Funding Category
• Cybermoor Networks entered by Cybermoor - PDF
• ClacksMax entered by Clackmannanshire Council - PDF
• Derwenthorpe entered by Fibre Options - PDF
Collaborative Advantage Category
• Connecting Schools entered by E2BN - PDF
• Superfast Cornwall entered by Superfast Cornwall - PDF
• Netadmin Systems Tackles 'Not Spots' in Hampshire entered by Netadmin Systems
Winners were announced at the official Conference Dinner at Bordeaux Quay on Bristol's harbourside on 15 November. Awards were presented by Cllr Geoffrey Gollop - the Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of Bristol.
The Judges were:
Norman Apsley - CEON at NI Science Park Foundation Ltd
David Harrington - CMA
Antony Walker - Chief Executive Broadband Stakeholder Group