NG Events Ltd produces unique, high quality conferences, events and study tours including - now in its 6th year - NextGen 13. NG Events Ltd is directed by Marit Hendriks and Andrew Macdonald.
Smarter connections, hot technology and new models to boost your business
If you attended then please take our post event evaluation survey - it will take a couple of minutes - we really value your comments! Click here to take survey
1 day - 150 delegates - 30 exhibitors - likeminded colleagues - networking and marketplace - national and local businesses
Tuesday 17 July from 09:00 - 17.00
Venue: At Bristol
Anchor Road, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5DB
We live and work in an increasingly digital world and high-quality access to Next Generation Broadband is vital for businesses and communities. It will unlock innovation, stimulate local economic growth, help create new jobs and open up new export markets. However, opportunities and challenges go hand in hand as we search for new economic and business models to ensure our businesses grow and that our economy is sustainable. More older people means more pressure on health and social care services. Will the economy generate enough jobs? Will we exhaust natural resources? Where will innovations come from? Simple questions for which no one knows the answers. What we do know is that the way we live and work now must change - we cannot cling to the past and hope that something will turn up.
Key in this rapidly changing digital world is to be well connected and then make those connections work for you. Bristol and the South West need to have the network infrastructure that can deal with the demands we place on it to make it easier to do more business, enhance quality of life and stay sustainable.
This one-day NextGen Roadshow brings together suppliers, community stakeholders, SMEs, the creative industry and media sector, investors and expert advisors to explore and understand the opportunities to transform local broadband access networks, develop new models for doing business and make them work for you.
At this special 1-day event you will find out about:
• Superfast - what does it mean and what are the benefits?
• Vision and plans for the South West
• Broadband technology options - fibre, mobile, wireless, satellite
• Super connected and smart cities
• New economic models in the digital economy
• Next Generation Broadband for rural areas
• Transformational tools for SMEs - social networking for business, e commerce and teleconferencing
• Cloud computing - what does it mean and how does it help business?
• Stimulating demand for Next Generation Broadband and finance options
• New apps and services - smart communities and advances in public sector services
• Next Generation networks in action - case studies and local developments
Who should attend?
This day is designed for SMEs, the creative industry sector, enterprise, local government, local community leaders and all those focused on economic and societal growth. The day offers a flexible mix of workshops and plenary sessions - from technological choices to the challenges of investment - from new applications and networked services to practical advice on using powerful and transformative tools for businesses.
Cost: £50 plus VAT (if cost is barrier to attendance then let us know)